Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Creativity

Do you ever find that you are most creative in a certain environment? Sometimes I realize that I write my best work when I am inspired by some sort of recent event, particularly a tragedy. For example, for my English class, we were given an assignment to do one of various things to write a two-page entry in our journals, but for mine, a great deal of ideas ran through my head. When given a book to write in freely, such as my English journal, although I don't use it very often, I find that my best work reveals itself when I am prompted by some sort of motive or initiative, particularly about something that has had a major impact on my life. I believe I write best at night, where everything is most calm and quiet, making it easier for me to think. Sometimes I like to listen to music while I do my work as well, to further inspire me and put me in a more relaxing environment. Everyone has different circumstances under which they are most creative, but the above are some of mine that help me do my best work of which I am most proud.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm 6'7" and 14, in case you were wondering. I'm also really proud of my Jewish heritage and love to get involved in my school and temple communities.